Life Update

Discussion in 'News' started by Naxdy, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Naxdy

Naxdy That Guy
    Staff Member

Hey all,

so I know I've been absent for the past couple weeks and I feel I should explain why.

At the beginning of October I moved to the UK to study Computer Science, and while that in it of itself isn't the cause of my absence, I have been met with a combination of being sick due to weather, to having really crappy internet and not being able to work on the plugins (I wasn't even able to download the source code!).

However, I'm hoping this will all change soon, since I'm about to move again (within the UK) to a new apartment this coming Saturday. I don't know how long it'll take me to get everything up and running, but I'll try my best and hurry it up.

For those of you who are still around and are eager for some new features, I do have something for you (kinda). While I haven't been able to work on anything server related recently, I did start working on a new project I think will blow everyone's minds, especially if you like the 'Dungeons' game mode.

It's not quite ready to be presented yet, but it will be very soon. Expect something around December 10th, and maybe (but this is a BIG maybe) I can come up with something you can get your hands on before Christmas!

Thanks for sticking around everyone!

Before I go, here are some questions I'll answer real quick:

Q: What about the "BIGGEST Dungeons Update"? Is it gonna come out, like, ever?
    A: I was planning to start working on it in September and have it ready by the beginning of October, but we all know how that turned out. I was hit by acute appendicitis and had to undergo surgery, which messed with my plans a lot. Since I don't have access to my plugins here because of garbage net, I couldn't work on it AT ALL :( I do plan on improving Dungeons, but it probably won't be that BIG update I was looking for. It will mostly be some quality of life changes & shop improvements (slime blocks, anyone?), but other than that the game mode will very likely be finished for now.

Q: So, is the honor reset coming anytime soon?? I want premium!
    A: Yes. As soon as I'm finished moving & got Internet set up at the new place, I'll perform the honor reset. It's the first thing I'm going to do. Again, expect around December 10th.

Q: What is this new project? Is it "Expedition"?
    A: Nope, it's not! I was at first trying to start working on Expedition, but quickly aborted as I thought about it some more. Add to that the fact that I don't have my other Minecraft plugins here (and most of my game modes rely on them), it was just too much for me to work around 'just' to add another survival game mode. Whether or not I'll add Expedition eventually remains to be seen (with 1.13 coming up, it'd definitely be interesting), but the new project is something totally different from anything you've ever seen before. Stay in Discord & keep watching the forums to be always up to date!