Where have I been?

Discussion in 'News' started by Naxdy, May 4, 2018.

1. Naxdy

Naxdy That Guy
    Staff Member

Hey all,

I'm aware that I have been less than active over the last couple days/weeks. I've received a support ticket from a player containing a few questions I thought you all might appreciate the answer to.

I actually haven't done anything on the game in quite a while. The first two videos on it were pre-recorded because I knew I was going to be busy with uni stuff. I had two assignments to do, and had an oral exam in Japanese this week. The last of the two assignments is due tomorrow, and I literally just finished it 10 mins before writing this post. Now I have two weeks of breathing room until finals start, so I'll try and get some good work done on the server and the game in that time.

Finals will be roughly two weeks from 14th May to 30th May. During that period I'll very likely be absent again, but will make a full return in early June.

I'm sorry about that and realize the Easter rewards are long overdue. I'll probably hand them out with the upcoming Mythic Survival update, but before that let me just show you the final results:
    • 1. Andi931 (31 eggs)
    • 2. Elite_SWAGG (17 eggs)
    • 3. 8ohmy (5 eggs)
    • 4. EnderSlayer_357 & 129TobY (4 eggs)
    • 6. Virrrre1(2 eggs)
    • 7. Gladiola & jumpingsquirrel (1 egg)
    I've already explained why I've been absent, and while I don't know for sure, I suspect DragonRibs has something similar going on right now.

I haven't made any changes to the server since the last official update where the Steel Miner was introduced. I am also incapable of adjusting single item droprates, since item droprate is solely dependant on its rarity. The last update actually increased both epic & rare item drop rates by 3% and 1% respectively. While we're at it, here are the current drop rates of special items per chest (assuming a 0% bounty; double chests count twice):
    • Uncommon: 25%
    • Rare: 8%
    • Epic: 3%
    • Legendary: 0.1%
    • Mythic: 0%
    If you haven't been able to find the items you're looking for, I think it can simply be explained by "RNG being RNG".

Unfortunately from my side, there is no way to detect if a player left by pressing disconnect, or by being forced out such as dead internet or Minecraft crash. That said, I'm currently working on a way for players to not be in as much danger of losing their belongings during PvE content, while still keeping the possibility for other players to take their loot if they happen to be nearby or even fighting them. That might still be a long ways off though.

I also don't log inventory drops on death, so even if you die to something stupid, I can't bring it back.

Finally, a last word about the Mythic Survival update: Since I have a lot more breathing room now, you can expect it very soon. Pinky promise!

2. 8ohmy

8ohmy Member
    Legacy Member

I (A.K.A. DragonRibs for those who are out of the loop) have got some family stuff going on at the moment which is taking up most of my attention. I'd rather not disclose the specifics but it's probably not going to go away in the near future. I'll try to get back into doing events on Saturday and/or Sunday but I can't make any promises.